I am immersed in internet marketing, public relations, advertising, etc…each day from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I love this stuff. It’s what makes me tick.
Lately I have been working on a new info product (before you stop reading, I am not trying to sell you anything). I passed a copy off to a friend. He is looking to get started making money online as soon as possible and doesn’t know much about technology, marketing, etc… No Problem I thought. This is the perfect course.
I have been working like a madman to create the simplest step-by-step, no experience necessary, do the work, get the results, online money making guide available. For what it’s worth, I think I did a pretty good job.
Anyhow, one of the components of the program involves article writing. For me, I understand exactly what the purpose of writing articles is and how to spin an article to give useful information and still be promotional. But, like I said, I am immersed in this all day long.
Imagine my surprise when my friend said, “Yeah, this is awesome information and I can totally see how it could work, but if you could just tell me…what kind of articles…or..uh…articles about what?” That was an ah-ha moment. I had to stop and think…not everyone knows how or what to write about in an article. Well, here are a few tips and some examples.
Okay, my friend decided he was going to become an affiliate of a reverse phone number lookup service. He signed up for Clickbank and got his affiliate ID, but now he needed to know what kind of articles to write to promote this service.
I have to admit, that I have never promoted reverse phone lookup, but if I were, here are the kind of articles I would write:
- 5 ways to prove your lover is cheating on you
- Are boys calling your daughter? 5 ways of finding out.
- Is your husband cheating on you? mine was, and here’s how I found out.
- You suspect it…but how do you know if it’s true? How to find out if your child is on drugs.
- Cheating isn’t just for straights…5 tips to find out if your gay lover is cheating on you.
I like list articles. Lists are easily digestible articles with practical advice for a short attention span world.
Now, how do you use these articles to promote your service?
Somewhere in your article (back to the cheating topic) you say something like…“I suspected my girlfriend was cheating. I would look at her cel phone call list when she was in the shower. I kept on seeing a certain number. I went to the Reverse Phone Lookup and found out it was one of my friends!”
So then you just plant the seed, and use your affiliate link. If enough people read these articles and click you links that is how you will start making money. There is a whole strategy, and a lot of other things that go into this but this should give you the basic idea.
I don’t want you to leave feeling like you only got half the story though. So…here are 5 tips to help you write articles that people will want to read, and therefore help you with your marketing.
- Write good stuff. Think about the kinds of articles you would want to read.
- Go to a book store and buy 10 or 20 magazines. Look at the kinds of articles they present. You will begin to see a pattern.
- People love lists, “top 3, 5, 10…3 ways to get better sex…10 ways to burn fat…5 ways to land the next trophy Bass, 5 do or die tips for improving you short game.”
- People also love step by step “how-to” information. This can definitely work in you favor too, such as…step 3…go to the Reverse Phone Lookup. Step 4…, …. You get the idea.
- Put a clever spin on a breaking news event.
Okay guys, now…if you were wondering what kind of articles to write to get people to look at them and in turn aid your marketing efforts now you know.
Here is an easy way of thinking about it always. What are other people looking for? Help enough people get what they want and you will eventually get what you want.
Article marketing works and will for the forseeable future.